| Oct 28, 2019
Community involvement is great way to connect residents, build relationships and enhance neighborhood resources. That’s why MIAMI Realtors (MIAMI) is proud to partner locally and provide volunteer opportunities for Realtors. With the help of a $75,000 grant from the National Association of Realtors (NAR), MIAMI participated in more than 20 local community initiatives this year in South Florida. Below are a few of the highlights:
· MIAMI hosted a groundbreaking in January for the container home prototype. Two standard 40-foot cargo containers were modified into 30 feet meet minimum setback requirements and create a 480-square-foot, one-bedroom/one-bathroom home on a 3,200-square-foot lot in South Miami as a demonstration project.
· For the third consecutive year, MIAMI members and peers fed dinner to 500 homeless residents at the Chapman Partnership’s Downtown Miami Homeless Assistance Center.
· MIAMI hosted an “Autism Awareness Picnic” at Pinecrest Gardens to highlight the park’s new sensory garden, which was funded in part by MIAMI Realtors.
· In Miami Springs, the city restored a boat ramp and MIAMI sponsored a new tiki hut to give residents and visitors an access point to waterways. MIAMI then helped host a river clean-up in July. Take your family for a kayaking adventure at the new boat ramp and tiki hut, located at Quail and North Royal Poinciana.
· After Hurricane Dorian, MIAMI joined Coconut Grove's historic Bahamian community and helped collect hurricane relief supplies to aid the relief efforts for the Bahamas.
What next? Miami is fortunate to host Super Bowl LIV on February 2, 2020. In anticipation of this big event, MIAMI is partnering with the Rebuilding Together, the National Football League (NFL), Lowes and more to rehab 8-12 homes in the City of Miami on January 31.
Are you proud to be a MIAMI Realtor? Tell us about it. Sign up to volunteer at our next event -www.volunteermark.com/miamirealtors.